Don’t move, don’t move. If these were sheers I’d cut the skin. You’re not going to remove them right? You’ll just make them nice? Stay still, don’t move. It won’t hurt. Don’t move.Nice sneakers.Thanks man. I like your shoes too.Hello, and welcome
back to One Star Reviews.My hair is growing a bit long.I haven’t had a haircut probablyin about three months.It’s beginning to go over the ears.Definitely going to want thisbeard groomed because, as you cansee, it’s quite unruly.Also, I’m probably going to tryto get the eyebrows done becausethey’re feeling a little crazy.I guess you could say we’re justgetting the works and hopefullythey don’t cut my ear off.Welcome to One Star Reviews.Today, getting a haircut.Alright.So far I’m seeing a lot of five stars.Couple four and a halfs.And I’m going to go all the wayto page nine.So, I’ve just stumbled upon Alex Barbershop, and they seem likethey have a bunch of one star reviews.I asked for a standard boy cut,but they shaved my
little boy’s whole head!If your kid needs a haircut,I strongly suggest
that you don’t come here.When the owner saw
me with the stroller,he didn’t even offer
helping me at the stairsand was rude from the start.So, apparently they’re really awful with kids at this place. But I’m not really a kid anymore. So.Alex this one’s for you.Go fuck yourself.– You fucking fuck.
– I didn’t give him a tipbecause of the false advertisinghe got my face and threatened to– “take it outside.”
– He will not listen toyou. Let me repeat that: he will– not listen to you.
– He bragged duringthe haircut that he could beat– anybody up and how tough he was.
– He asked whothe last person to cut my hair was…And it was him!Okay. Okay.If you get the dad,it’s going to be a bad cut.If you get the son,
it’s gonna be a bad cut.And I’m going to go and test all of their skills. From the hair, to the eyebrows, to the beard. Let’s do this.So, Alex Barbers,is a family owned business, runby a father and son with equallybad reviews.I’m unable to makean appointment so I’m rollingthe dice and we’ll just see who I get.We’ve arrived uptown and we sent our producer in and he’sbeen in there for a while so I’ma little scared.I hear that the guy won’t put amicrophone on. I hope everything works out because I really want this haircut.After some pleading, I wasgranted entry but under strictrules: just a cut and
a 15 minute window.– Hi, how are you?
– Hi. How’s it going? – It’s good. You want a haircut?
– I’m Taji. Do you have any
photos I can check out? Sure, there’s a lot of photos.30 is good, too.Do you think 30 is good?That’s pretty nice.No way was I going for the 30.I don’t want to kids cut,especially not in here aftersome of the reviews I’ve read.Oh, you know what one I like? Can you– Do you think
you can do a number 20?I like that.Yeah.You could do the beard like that?Cool.With the look fully locked in,I was ready for mytransformation.Not a kid, huh?What’s up? Not a kid. Nah, I’m not a kid. Huh? You said, “Not a kid?” No, a lot of hair. Oh, lot of hair. Oh, sorry. Do you cut– Do you
cut this guy’s hair? Yeah. – It looks pretty good. Not bad.
– It’s good. Alright. He’s a good guy. Did you hire him to come here? So it looks like you did a good job? Have you ever done like, a design? Design? Yeah. I’ll make a V in the back. A V? If you want I’ll do a Z.
It’s a new style, 2019. Yeah?2017, D.That’s too old, no good. Okay. What do you think? I think the V can be cool. So, you do people of all ages? – You know, never a problem?
– Yeah, I’m doctor for this, doctor. Cool. Maybe professor sometimes. Somebody uses one blade for one day. I change for everybody. – Really?
– New one, new one. Yeah, that seems best. Probably more sanitary to change – the blade definitely.
– Don’t move, okay? Okay.So, you do a few differentthings at this barbershop, not just the hair?Shoe repair, cleaners, everything. Sorry, I think I have a hair – in my mouth.
– Sometimes cooking too, egg and cheese. Sorry, I think I just
have a little hair here. Thank you.So far so good.But the antique headrest wasstarting to dig into the back ofmy head.But while I had Alex Barber’sundivided attention.
Sorry, I just got to rest. One sec. Is this like a– Sorry, okay. We’re good.It felt like the perfecttime to get his feedback onsome of the negative reviews.So, I was checking
out a few in the reviewssomeone mentioned, I don’t know, thatit wasn’t a great place for kids?And they said something about like,if you use scissors it could more?I mean you seem pretty nice, I’m just wondering why– maybe – where they got the idea.
– Okay, don’t talk. Is there any sort of like thing – you could– Okay.
– Go back, go back, go back.The headrest issue was
distracting me from my mission.So, I was excited for the luxurypart of the experience: the headmassage.Massage. Alright. Chinese massage. There’s like, a hard
thing behind me though. Is this this like kind of– We’re gonna see how
much tip you give me now, Nice. after that. Before no. No, go back. Tough customer. Whoa, that’s nice. Yeah… I told you, if you give
me something, you know?They had gone to the
effort of putting a sign updeclaring the people of Yelploved them.Perhaps they had beenmisrepresented and these reviewswere actually just from a bunchof annoying customers.Have you ever had any annoying customers ever though
you have to deal with? No. If you’re hungry with no lunchtime. That’s about it? Yeah. If you have no
lunch and no breakfast, maybe somebody. That’s why I’m working fast, you know? Got get ready for lunch. Yeah. – So that way you don’t–
– Not me, not me. – Oh I see. Customers.
– Customers. So, as long as the customers had lunch usually they’re alright. If you have no lunch, no tea, this… you know? Are you ready for this? Whoa. You weren’t playing games with the V. Nice. Could we get a photo? Thank you.Alex had honored me with my own veryplace on the photo board.This is it. Is this where we go our separate ways?With my fresh new look, I foundan opportunity to talk to Alex’sson and colleague about onereview in particular that wasreally getting to me.Parents came in giving atechnology, phone, and the barber got distracted, you know, because the kid will not pay attention. So, the barber cut its– the finger. He told the parent,
“Take the phone, put it away.”But he thinks like Starbucks,you know, add some vanilla,
add some this. This or that. But a simple haircut. You
say which one and we do it.For sure.The chairs are comfortable so youdon’t have to sit in
those other salons.Not a kid, huh?Yeah, number 20. Make you feel like,
chilled out, you know? For sure.I was definitely off to a rockystart when showing
up at Alex Barbershop.I asked him about some of thenegative reviews, which hedeflected as if they were allpositive.Perhaps he is living in his ownworld, where all he is here to dois cut hair and not worry aboutpleasing anyone.Understandable.I was there to get my hair cutand that is what he did, and ahell of a job at it.The fade is on point, and the V inthe back was a nice added 2018flare, according to Alex that is.However, I was extremelyuncomfortable the entire time, asthe sharp head rest dug in theback of my neck.At the end,I got to chat with his son, whogave me more insight on thenegative reviews.People definitely do overreactand take things to heart whensometimes the barber is not to blame.Alex’s dedication of barbertradition and attention todetails was definitely impressive.Even though I felt asif I could be kicked out at anygiven moment,I do not regret the experiencebecause I got an awesome haircut.Hey, maybe barbers are notsupposed to be nice.If you do go there, keep your mouth shut, don’t complain about the prices, don’t take out your cell phone, and you’ll get a good cut.Easy to find a nice
Chinese girlfriend.Maybe. Chinese girl is good. Don’t lose money too much. Is this the kind of haircut, you think, potentially a
Chinese girl could like?Yeah.